Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Cast Away

He says the silence up in Heaven soothes like none I’ve ever heard, 
                                                                                               He whispers poison in my ears, sounds far from the absurd,

I can show you how to ease the pain, he croons to me with knowing eyes,

He’s not a martyr or a saint, he fills my mind with truth, his kisses, and his lies, 

I devour every syllable, though I dare not ask his wicked name,                                                                   

He never lets me talk to God, he said our souls they are the same,                                                                            

He wraps me in a grave of guilt, his needs mirror to me my own,                                    

After all we share the shameful pain, of being cast away from home, 

With him I fear I need no other, as red coals blister my hands and knees, 

Tells me I love the way it burns, I can only utter “please.”

Before him I long to kneel, I lose myself in his eyes and in the crowd, 

My pain is home, no place like it, we martyr pain as if we're proud, 

Even fools can have it all, casually binding my hands while he recalls, 

His lovemaking akin to the quiet sound, of my sweet soul being mauled, 

I scarcely even seem to notice, his gentle breaking of my brittle bones, 

I take his hand and his promise, tells me I’ll never be alone, 

Consuming lies off silver spoons, squandering whats left of time,                                             

Never furloughed from his side, you see, only the Devil calls me “mine.”

No comments:

Post a Comment